- Non-profit, community based hospice for over 30 years.
- Twenty member local volunteer board of directors.
- Serve Self Regional Healthcare and Abbeville County Memorial Hospital Service Area.
- Over 220 local caring volunteers.
- Over 58 trained staff including 20 licensed nurses, 4 certified Hospice and Palliative Care nurses, 4 licensed social workers, 3 physicians (all 3 certified in Hospice & Palliative medicine), 1 clinical chaplains and 1 certified Hospice & Palliative Care Administrator.
- Established grief counseling and support program.
- Project Hope - an extensive youth grief education program including school-based support groups and weekend long Camp Celebrate Hope.
- Inpatient contract with Self Regional Healthcare and Abbeville County Memorial Hospital.
- Agreement with local long term care facilities: Magnolia Manor, Wesley Commons and NHC Greenwood.
- Serve patients in Assisted Living Facilities: Ashley House, Sterling House, Morningside and Eden Gardens.
- 15-bed Hospice House...built with dedicated community support.
- Palliative care Home Health Program.
- Partnership with Self Regional Healthcare offering palliative care consult services.
Hospicecare of the Piedmont is not-for-profit
Funding is provided through a variety of sources. As a state licensed and Medicare and Medicaid certified agency, HospiceCare of the Piedmont is able to receive Medicare and Medicaid payments for services to qualified patients. Additionally, many private health insurance companies provide reimbursement for Hospice services.
HospiceCare of the Piedmont is a not-for-profit organization. Memorials, gifts, bequests, civic organizations, corporations, churches, and individuals help us to provide services for patients and families with no payment source. No one is denied services based on their ability to pay. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All financial contributions are applied in full to provide services for Hospice patients and families.
To donate now Click and Pledge.
Mission: Enhancing Life at the end of life.
Vision: In partnership with our community, we will provide exceptional end of life care to all who need it.
Board of Directors 2011-2012
Peter Manning, Chairperson
Linda McDonald, Secretary
Bonnie Ashley, Treasurer
K. Jack Parham, M.D., Board Member Emeritus
Nancy Corley, Executive Director, Ex-Officio
Michael Bryant, MD
Dr. Tony Hopkins
Greg Mappin, MD
Jean B. Nelson
Maurice "Mo" Scott
408 West Alexander Avenue • Greenwood, South Carolina 29646 • 864.227.9393 • Fax: 864.227.9377
| Hospice Care
| Hospice House
| Grief Support
| Donations / Outreach