Hospice & Palliative Care of the Piedmont offers care for the patient and the family by providing necessary services in the home, or at another place of residence such as a nursing home. Services provided include:
- Medical care and supervision under the direction of the patient’s primary physician or Hospice Medical Director
- Medication for symptom management
- Oxygen and other palliative care treatments
- Hospice nurses assess the patient’s condition, provide patient care instruction for family and friends, and help with the management of pain and other symptoms
- Nurse(s) are available on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Hospice Home Health Aides assist with bathing and personal care
- Social Workers help identify and resolve problems, coordinate resources, and provide counseling
- Trained volunteers provide emotional support, companionship and offer periods of respite for the caregiver
- Spiritual support and counseling
- Coordination of care during hospitalization, if required
- Assistance with needed medical supplies and equipment and medications.
- Bereavement and supportive services for the family
- Palliative Care Home Health Program
- Hospice House: 15 Bed Hospice Inpatient Facility providing inpatient and respite care
Hospice & Palliative Care of the Piedmont aims to give special care, embracing our patients with warmth, understanding and friendship, offering them and their families guidance and support during difficult times. We employ a Medical Director on staff who directs the medical care of our patients. We also offer skilled nursing care with at least one registered nurse (RN) on every shift. In addition to the medical care, we provide a staff chaplain, counseling and social workers to provide support for spiritual and emotional well-being.
Our organization cultivates and maintains a group of dedicated and passionate volunteers who come alongside our staff to offer care and improve the quality of life of our patients. Some of the therapies include pet therapy, aromatherapy, music therapy, massages, and spa tub therapy.