Enriching life for those with advanced illness
To be an innovative leader in providing hospice, palliative care & grief support
Hospice & Palliative Care of the Piedmont is your community non-profit network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care for those living with advanced illnesses. Serving Abbeville, Edgefield, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Newberry and Saluda counties since 1981.
- Inpatient Hospice Care
- In-Home Hospice Care
- Palliative Care
- Bereavement Services
Here some details about our people and our programs.
- We have been a non-profit, community based hospice for more than 35 years.
- Twenty local members comprise our board of directors, and they all serve on a volunteer basis.
- We serve the service areas of Self Regional Healthcare and Abbeville Area Medical Center.
- More than 220 local caring volunteers help enhance the services we provide to patients and family members.
- We employ more than 58 trained staff including 20 licensed nurses, four certified Hospice and Palliative Care nurses, four licensed social workers, three physicians (all are certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine), one clinical chaplain and one certified Hospice & Palliative Care Administrator.
- We maintain an established grief counseling and support program.
- Project Hope – an extensive youth grief education program including school-based support groups and weekend long Camp Celebrate Hope.
- Inpatient contract with Self Regional Healthcare and Abbeville Area Medical Center.
- Agreement with local long term care facilities: Magnolia Manor, Wesley Commons and NHC Greenwood.
- Serve patients in Assisted Living Facilities: Ashley House, Sterling House, Morningside and Eden Gardens.
- 15-bed Hospice House…built with dedicated community support.
- Partnership with Self Regional Healthcare offering palliative care consult services.