Compare hospices based on the quality of care they provide:
The following sites provide additional information about hospice and palliative care:
The sites above can help answer the basic questions you may have about hospice care, such as:
- How do I select a hospice program?
- How did hospice care begin in America?
- What is hospice care?
- How does hospice care work?
- How do I go about choosing a hospice?
- Where can I find a hospice program?
- How do I communicate my end-of-life wishes?
- Does Medicare offer a hospice benefit?
This site provides information for Veterans:
National Healthcare Decision Day: April 16th
National Healthcare Decisions Day exists to inspire, educate & empower the public & providers about the importance of advance care planning. National Healthcare Decisions Day is an initiative to encourage patients to express their wishes regarding healthcare and for providers and facilities to respect those wishes, whatever they may be.
For more information on advanced care planning, contact Hospice & Palliative Care of the Piedmont. Our social workers can help you. You may also visit the following websites: