Enhancing Life at the end of life.
In partnership with our community, we will provide exceptional end of life care to all who need it.
HospiceCare of the Piedmont is your nonprofit community hospice serving Abbeville, Edgefield, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Newberry and Saluda Counties in South Carolina since 1981. We offer:
- Inpatient Hospice Care
- In-Home Hospice Care
- Coordination with Your Physician
Here some details about our people and our programs.
- We have been a non-profit, community based hospice for more than 30 years.
- Twenty local members comprise our board of directors, and they all serve on a volunteer basis.
- We serve the service areas of Self Regional Healthcare and Abbeville County Memorial Hospital.
- More than 220 local caring volunteers help enhance the services we provide to patients and family members.
- We employ more than 58 trained staff including 20 licensed nurses, four certified Hospice and Palliative Care nurses, four licensed social workers, three physicians (all are certified in Hospice & Palliative medicine), one clinical chaplain and one certified Hospice & Palliative Care Administrator.
- We maintain an established grief counseling and support program.
- Project Hope – an extensive youth grief education program including school-based support groups and weekend long Camp Celebrate Hope.
- Inpatient contract with Self Regional Healthcare and Abbeville County Memorial Hospital.
- Agreement with local long term care facilities: Magnolia Manor, Wesley Commons and NHC Greenwood.
- Serve patients in Assisted Living Facilities: Ashley House, Sterling House, Morningside and Eden Gardens.
- 15-bed Hospice House…built with dedicated community support.
- Partnership with Self Regional Healthcare offering palliative care consult services.